iPhone user manual
Sign up and log in
Maxdone iPhone application allows to register and log in with any e-mail address and password. Maxdone application requires iOS 9.0 or later (to check iPhone OS version go to Settings > General > About > Version).
Note: at the moment it is not possible to use social networks credentials (Google, Facebook, Twitter, VKontakte, Yammer) to log in iPhone Maxdone. See FAQ section - Question1 for more details.
Sign up with an e-mail
Precondition: iPhone should be online to register and/or log in Maxdone application.
- Install Maxdone application on the iPhone and launch the app
- Click Sign up button at the bottom
- Enter your name, for example, John Smith
- Enter your e-mail address (this will be your login)
- Re-enter your e-mail address
- Enter password you would like to use for your Maxdone account
- Press Sign up
- Click confirmation link in the e-mail you have received from Maxdone
Congratulations - you are registered now!
If during sign-up process user did not follow confirmation link received in the e-mail then user will see following message until he does that.
In case first confirmation e-mail is lost or expired click 'Resend confirmation e-mail' link to get new one.
- Launch Maxdone application
- Enter e-mail address as login
- Enter password
- Press Log in
To log out of the application:
- Launch logged in Maxdone application
- Open menu by swipe from right to left or clicking hamburger icon at the top right corner.
- Click profile photo to open settings
- Press Log out
When user logs out of Maxdone application all the local changes which were not synchronized to server yet (due to errors or being offline) are lost.
Maxdone application allows to use its basic functionality without registration and login - so called 'work offline'. Choosing this option user must understand that the data he/she enters into the app is stored locally (on the phone) only, is not saved on server. So if anything happens with the phone the data will be lost.
To work offline on the login screen press 'Work offline'.
If user creates some tasks, goals, contexts etc working offline and then registers and logs in the data is automatically assigned to the logged in user and synchronized to server.
To do option of the right side menu opens full list of user's tasks. Depending on the selected view title 'To do' in the menu changes to the selected task box - Today/Week/Later.
There are four possible task 'boxes':
- Today - tasks planned for today
- Week - tasks planned for the next seven days
- Later - tasks planned for the future starting with eighth day from now
- Inbox - tasks not planned for any date or period yet
Boxes Today/Week/Later are parts of To do list.
Inbox is represented as a separate menu item - it is not displayed if there are no tasks in it.
In the left bottom corner of Todo screen there is a box icon. Clicking the box icon opens menu with the other options (see box icon explanation on the screenshot).
Task quick add
The quickest way to create a task from Todo or other screen is
- Tap (one short tap) round plus button in the right bottom corner of the screen
- Enter task title
- Press Save (or Save+ to save and open blank form for the next task creation)
Such quickly created task goes to the default box (see how to change default box here).
But it is possible to change some task settings even from the task quick add form:
- add a note
- set a goal (or context/category - see corresponding setting described here)
- set due date and time (only some options are available)
- switch from task quick add to full task attributes list edit
Add a task
To add a task with all the details from Todo or other screen:
- Long tap round plus button in the right bottom corner of the screen
- In the appeared Add menu pick option Task
- Enter task title
- Press 'Show more' to see all the available task attributes (see how to set default attributes described here)
- Enter all the required attributes (see detailed attributes description here)
- Press Back
Application saves the task and navigates back to the task list you were reviewing previously.
Here is the list of all possible task attributes:
- Goal - it is possible to assign a task to an existing goal or create new. See more details about the goals here
- Context - it is possible to assign a task to an existing context or create new. See more details about the contexts here
- Category- it is possible to assign a task to an existing category or create new. See more details about the categories here
- Dates - set activity and due date/time here; Activity date will affect the box task goes to; Due date/time will allow to receive notification; Due date/time is visible in the task lists.
- Note - enter any text related to the task
- Checklist - enter required checklist items which can be later marked as completed; checklist might be used as a list of subtasks
- Recurrence - use this attribute to setup recurrence rules for the task (see more detailed description here)
- Hidden date - a task will be invisible in all lists before this date (see more details on hidden tasks here)
- Box - Today/Week/Later/Inbox boxes are represented with icons at the bottom of the screen - click the required one if it is not set by the dates yet; note that Activity date will be cleaned if a box is selected manually.
The screen also have options to copy and delete the task - see more details on these actions here.
Edit a task
There are two ways to open a task for editing:
- long tap the required task
- short tap the task and click pencil icon
The result of both actions is the same - all the task attributes are available for editing.
So, to edit a task:
- Open the task for editing using one of the described methods
- Alter required task attributes
- Press Back in the top left corner
Application will save the changes and go back to the task list.
Copy a task
To copy a task:
- Open the task to be copied for editing (as described here)
- Press Copy task at the bottom of all the task attributes (if the option is not available click Show more and then Copy)
- In the successful copy message click OK to stay within the original task, or Open copy to open just created task.
Delete a task
To delete a task:
- Open the task to be deleted for editing (as described here)
- Press Delete at the bottom of all the task attributes (if option is not available press Show more and then Delete)
- Press Delete
Now the task is deleted from the mobile app - during the nearest synchronization if will be deleted from the server as well.
Complete a task
To complete (mark as completed) a task:
- Find required task in the list
- Swipe it from left to the right
Task goes away from the list and appears in the list of completed tasks - see more details here
By default newly created tasks appear on top of the list. It is possible to place any task to any position in the list. To change required task position:
- Find required task in the list
- Tap the task row
- Drag the task up or down
- Drop the task at the required position
Recurrent (repeating) tasks
Some tasks has to be performed repetitively - for example, some monthly payments, birthday congratulations etc. For such tasks there are recurrence settings in Maxdone. To make a task recurrent:
- Create new task or open existing
- Press Make recurrent
- Change 'none' option to the required recurrence frequency - days/weeks/month/years
- If 'weekly' option is selected select required weekdays by clicking corresponding days
- Change 'every' setting if required. By default it is set to 1 - it means that the task will occur every day/week/month/year
- Set recurrence sequence period - start and end dates. If they are not set sequence will start today and go on forever.
- Set Due date - this might be useful if a repeating task starts at one date and ends at another. For example, there is a weekly task that starts on Mondays and ends on Fridays. For such case Due date should be set to the first Friday within the recurrence period.
- Press Back to save the settings
- Press Back to save the task
Now the task is recurrent - task is marked with the round arrow at the right side. First date within the recurrence period that matches all the rules is set as the Activity date for the task.
There are some differences between recurrent tasks and usual tasks:
- Box cannot be changed for a recurrent task - the box is assigned based on the activity date
- Deleting recurrent task deletes the whole sequence
- When a recurrent task is completed this specific occurrence is removed from the sequence and placed into Completed list as a separate task
A recurrent task can be converted to the usual task by removing recurrence settings:
- Open a recurrent task for editing
- Click recurrence rules row
- Set 'none' option
- Press Back
- Press Back again
Now the task is a usual one.
It is possible to change recurrence settings for a task, but there is a restriction - not possible to set start time to a date earlier than last completed task. For example, there was a task for every day starting on 01/01/2017, the task was performed and completed three times 01/01/2017, 02/01/2017, 03/01/2017. Need to change the task to a weekly. Start date for the weekly task cannot be set earlier than 04/01/2017.
Recurrent tasks can also have hidden date. Hidden date will be increased for the same number of days as the task date. For example, there is a weekly task (Mondays) starting on 02/01/2017, hidden date is set to 01/01/2017 - a day before the task. When first task for 02/01/2017 is completed the next one for 09/01/2017 is created, hidden date for it would be 08/01/2017
Next task of a sequence is created on server - it will appear only after synchronization. So if a recurrent task is completed when application is offline next task would not appear in mobile app until mobile device goes online and synchronizes.
Categories and contexts
Maxdone provides following instruments for grouping the tasks:
Using these instruments helps to keep focus on the tasks which are significant at the moment. Of course, it is user’s choice to use these instruments or some of them, or not.
Categories and contexts technically are just labels. What they mean is up to the user to decide.
To set a category or a context for a task:
- Open required task for editing.
- Press Add category (or Add context) row to open list of available categories.
- a) Choose required category (or context) from the list, or
b) Create a new one by typing its title into 'Search or create' field and then pressing Create
List of categories (or contexts) closes, selected category (or context) is assigned to the task.
To remove the category or the context from a task:
- Open required task for editing.
- Press Category (or Context) row to open list of available categories - selected category (or context) is highlighted
- Select 'No category' (or 'No context') option
List of categories (or contexts) closes, category (or context) is removed from the task.
How to review all tasks of one category or context see here ---------------------